Thursday, February 3, 2011

Purple Pills and $1.50 shirts

Yesterday was an eventful day (at least it seemed like it) I had an appointment and then a few errands to run. It was a decent day out..humid but at least the kids didn't have to be bundled up from head to toe..

Kamden weighs 27 lbs 6 oz and is 32 inches tall and I was told he is "At a high risk for obesity". Like seriously?? lol It is so laughable, Kamden is in no way fat at all..I was basically told to starve him and that is most certainly not going to happen. My husband and I know what is best for our children. Its just so ironic because when he was a baby we were always being told that he was too tiny and needed to gain weight and now all of a sudden he is too big and blah blah blah...\

Anyways..I have just recently cleaned out my closet and rid it of all of my maternity clothes and noticed how bare my wardrobe really is. I guess being pregnant back to back and wearing maternity clothes for the passed two years kinda takes over everything else. Yes I do still have some clothes from pre-pregnancy but that was back when I was working and all of my clothes are workish clothes. Well long story short I went looking for some good deals at a thrift store. I did get some great deals, apparently all of the clothes were half off yesterday (yay) but I have to say the best find was a Michael Kors silk shirt. Brand new with the tag from Macy's still on it. Why would I say it was such a good find..well because the original price of the shirt was $89.50 and yepp you guessed it I paid a whopping $1.50 for it! I hate when people wrinkle their noses at  shopping at thrift stores..not EVERYTHING is gross and used and dirty..I have gotten awesome buys from there (and I only buy name brand clothes in awesome condition). If you are too good to shop at a thrift store than that just means more for me! :) lol

Let's see...how should we challenge ourselves today..hmm..How about taking just 5 min and talking to God..we all have busy lives and can easily get caught up in it and forget to spend time with Him. You don't have to talk out loud, I don't, I just sit and think to Him because He knows what I'm saying :)

Did anyone do the last challenge? I did..I thought I was called to ask someone and then I felt led to ask someone else. It led to a very nice conversation..I may have played it a little safe asking someone I know who is a  Christian but I felt like God wanted me to so I did.

**Ahh I was looking for a bible verse to post online and the Mormons popped up again, I think they are following me lol**

"Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad."
"Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord"
Deuteronomy 6:4




No comments:

Post a Comment