Monday, February 21, 2011

Giving



So I am in the process of cleaning out the garage and getting rid of stuff..I felt God tell me awhile ago that I need to just give it all away. I started thinking that yeah no problem..I will give most of it away (note I said most) I told myself that I would sell the big things like the double stroller my cousin had given me and the baby swing and some other random things. Well I posted an ad on Craigslist.org yesterday and I have a lady coming over to look at the stroller..I said I was askign $30 which is nothing for a double stroller but I am really feeling led to just give it to her and surprise her when she gets here.

I mean really when you think about it what is a measly $30 compared to blessing someone with something that they really need? She has two children, 1 being autistic and she needs something to help him with his muscle spasms and what not. I know God will reward me in many different ways if I do this.

So she just came and when I told her she started to cry!! I feel soo good I could bless her. She is a Navy wife and was just going through an underway like I am and her husband is coming home today. She was telling me that this has been a very hard underway for her topping it off with finding out the new problems with her son not being able to stand and walk for very long.

I am so blessed to have been used by God to give her something she needed and something that will help her in her life. It's amazing how he does that. I just can;t even put down in words how I feel at this moment. I encourage everyone to try and bless someone in some way today. Whether it be with money or items or just encouraging words..you never know how you can change someone's life. The littlest things can have the biggest impact on someone else.

Deuteronomy 15:10
Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.

Deuteronomy 16:17
Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you.

Proverbs 22:9
He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.

Proverbs 28:27

He who gives to the poor will never want, but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.

Luke 3:11
And he would answer and say to them, “The man who has two tunics is to share with him who has none; and he who has food is to do likewise.”

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.

2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.

2 Corinthians 9:10
Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;

2 comments:

  1. My nephews were twins, and born early, and other health issues really made the bills pile on. I went shopping with her when she got a double stroller so I'm sure she'd have loved to have met a person willing to share too. Nice post to find here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Annalee, it's nice to see my ramblings are being heard. Your nephews and family are in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete