Sunday, February 13, 2011

If music be the food of love, sing on, sing on...



Yesterday I turned on my pandora and because it was on the new computer (old slow one) it made me sign in again and when it did it automatically went to my Carrie Underwood station. Now I love Carrie Underwood don't get me wrong but it kind of took me aback because I had been doing the 30 day Christian music challenge I had heard on the radio since January and it just became an everyday norm. I felt like I couldn't change the station fast enough. I thought about it and I realized that listening to uplifting Christian music really has made such an impact on my life.

Growing up it was the only music I listened to, I didn't know anything else and as I grew up I started experiencing all these new "secular" groups and fell in love with all the different genres. See in my opinion I don't think Christian music has enough genres and if they do they aren't really played much on the radio. Like I realize there are Christian hip hop artists and hard rock ones but none of that seems to be played. I know that back in South Florida on 88.1 you could only listen to rock and heavy metal on the 'Under midnight' show which obviously only played after midnight on certain nights. I kind of don't think that is fair. I think throughout the day it should be a complete mix of different kinds of Christian music. Everything from classical to Rock to pop to praise and worship and so and and so forth.

Basically my point is that everyone should do a 30 day Christian Music challenge and see if it makes a difference in your life. I bet you won't even realize it has until you stop! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment