Thursday, February 17, 2011

The love of my life



You know that saying that says something about 'seeing and imperfect person perfectly'? Well tonight I realized what the truly means. I found this great poem online and when I read it it summed up everything I wanted to say to my husband I just couldn't find the words..

Perfection in my Eyes

All I ever wanted was to be part of your heart, And for us to be
together, to never be apart.

No one else in the world can even compare, You're perfect and so is this
love that we share.

We have so much more than I ever thought we would, I love you more than
I ever thought I could.

I promise to give you all I have to give, I'll do anything for you as
long as I live.

In your eyes I see our present, our future and past, By the way you look
at me I know we will last.

I hope that one day you'll come to realize, How perfect you are when
seen through my eyes.


I mean wow..isn't that beautiful?? I realized tonight that the things that aren't perfect about my husband are what makes him who he is and the man that I fell in love with 5 years ago. I have also accepted that he really feels the same way about me. In no way what so ever am I perfect and if you asked me a few days ago whether he loved me for me including all of my imperfections I probably wouldn't have been able to give you a straight answer. Tonight was an amazing night talking to him..yes we had a couple moments here and there but all in all I realized that we are everything to each other and that he does feel everything I feel.

I also realized that all this is becoming apparent to me because I have given our marriage up to God. I have let him lead me in the words I say to my husband and in my actions towards him. I pray every day that we have a long and happy life together. God brought us together for a reason and I know that the reason is to be together for a lifetime. I still remember the first night we met. I had never felt that way for anyone or anything. It was like the peace of God came over me and told me that he was the man I was supposed to marry and spend the rest of my life with. Some people don't believe in love at first sight but I do because it happened to me. God made it happen, it was his will that we meet after everything that had happened in our lives. It was He who brought us together and who put us in the right places at the right time.

We have had our struggles..the devil almost won in destroying my marriage but that wasn't what God wanted and whatever God wants He gets! Through lots or prayer and forgiveness I can boast that my marriage has never been better. I know now that it is because I have put God first. I know things won't always be easy and I will make many mistakes but I know that God will forgive me and so will my husband.

I encourage everyone to give their relationships up to God..whether it be your marriage or if you are dating or even your relationships with family and friends. Trust in the Lord and you will notice a change in your life. It is amazing how much I have noticed myself change and all for the good. I much more secure with myself and just everything. You know, the hardest part is trusting. I don't know why but we as human's just have such a hard time trusting anything. The defensive mechanism always seems to kick on when all we need is to just let go and leave it up to God.


 
 **Thanks to Jeni for making me the beautiful image at the top**

No comments:

Post a Comment