Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lessons learned

That's right..no  "Purple pills and ...." this time. This one is about dealing with life's challenges in a spiritual way.

 I was attacked many times today by the enemy. It challenged my relationship with God and with others. All you can do when you are under attack is to pray and talk to God. I struggled with that today. I went to my two best resources for all things and both of them reassured me that everything was fine. I was advised to pray and as much as I wanted to I just couldn't shake the awful feelings and in those moments the enemy won. Eventually I gave it up to God and in the end everything was fine. It definitely won't always be easy but as long as you trust God things will work out according to his plan. 

I don't want to say my beliefs were challenged today..more like broadened maybe. You see today it was brought up on more than one occasion about Spirits, Ghosts, you can say. I guess I've really never given it too much thought as a reality, just enjoyed watching it in movies and what not. But like I said it was brought to my attention today and I'm still a little iffy on what to think. One side says Demonic spirits, always evil..never for any good purpose. Another says good and bad, people visiting you for a particular reason. I want to say my beliefs on the whole situation is still up in the air but thinking about it right now, I need to believe what the word of God says..

1 John 4:1
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try [test] the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (2) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: (3) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (4) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (5) They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. (6) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error."

 I was told by one person today that you need to confront the Ghost and ask for them to reveal their true self and I guess that is what this scripture is saying. I still have to admit that I am torn, not torn, just confused about this topic. Maybe it's because I was never taught about it like most things and I don't really know how to go about learning more about it. Not really sure it is of huge interest to me or if it scares me. Maybe I just want to leave those kinds of things to everyone else..I can admit is some huge glowing dude with wings appeared to me and told me I was pregnant with the Son of God I'd think I was tripping and ate a bad mushroom or something (If I ate mushrooms lol). I can admit that I would probably have peed myself. I am not sure God had this sort of thing planned for me. You know, being able to see and speak to Demons or Angels. I have a feeling I am meant for other things. 

In the end I can admit that I completely believe that there are things in the world that we will come across that won't always be explained or fathomable, but that doesn't mean they aren't real. Experiencing something for yourself doesn't always give you the clarity you hope for but it does teach you something.  You may not always know what you've learned from a situation but trust that God confronted you with it for a reason. 

No challenges this time. Just be open to God and accept what plans he has for your life. 


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment