Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy purely commercial holiday day!



Well its never meant a great deal to me.. Honest! My husband has known that from the beginning and why was I so disappointed when nothing happened today? I admit it, I hooked my doorbell back up and before that I left the front door open in case something showed up with something..But alas nothing, and it's better that way. I guess I was disappointed earlier even though I've been preaching "commercial holiday this..commercial holiday that" all day long and have for the past so many years. I guess no matter what your beliefs of the holiday you can't help but get caught up in the hype every now and then.

I was listening to the radio today in the car (Christian station of course) and they were talking about how some people love this holiday and some loathe it and call it "S.A.D - Single Awareness Day". They started going on about how none of us are really never not in a relationship just do to the fact of our relationship with God. Today gives you an extra excuse to spend time with Him. The same kind of excuse apparently other relationships need.

Like really why does your significant other need a day to show you how much they care about you. Like I would find it so much more special if my husband randomly surprised me with whatever on say June 6th. A day that he wasn't "obligated" to do something. We should want to tell our significant other everyday how much we care about them. Honestly I don't know where I'm going with this one today..guess I'm still alittle emotional..lol..

Let's make this challenge to surprise your love one in some way that shows them how much you care for them. It doesn't need to be candy or flowers or a stuffed bear. Remember that a note from the heart can mean so much more than any of those things, even diamonds!

1 comment:

  1. I want to point out that my darling husband sent me flowers on the 16th specifically not doing it on Valentines day! :) I love him so much!

    ReplyDelete