Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Don't wanna"

Have you ever felt like you just "don't wanna"? I'm feeling that way today..So much seemed to crash down around me yesterday (nothing major just tiny little things) and I just can't shake this "don't wanna" attitude. That old saying keeps popping in my head "When it rains, it pours". You know I really don't have the right to feel this way..Noone died..noone is sick..it's just the little things. Like my computer breaking and money problems and not being able to talk to my husband..it all just added up and created this little "don't wanna" monster. It isn't just about me either though..My mom has been struggling too..with so many things breaking in her house and so many health problems in the family..I just really worry about her.

You know what..it's times like these that really make you HATE the devil. All this is he fault..he is making me feel this way by attacking me. Boy is he doing a good job..My last blog was about being attacked and I think I pissed him off! That is actually a pretty good thing, I'm proud that I pissed of the devil!! I know what I need to do..I need to talk to God and ask for His help..but I can admit, I haven't done so. Its not that I don't want to talk to Him..I do, I just don't feel like making an effort right now which is really what the devil is counting on. Here is what I am going to do right now..(and everyone else should too, just to see what happens..)

I am going to pull out my bible and randomly open it and whatever pages it opens to I am going to read them. Maybe God will tell me something through them or maybe I will have just done the thing I can think of that requires the least effort but still {almost} doing what I know I need to do. Okay ready??

I opened my bible (and when I did it I just opened it and grabbed a chunk of pages because just iopening it up usually only lands you in Psalms or proverbs and I wanted to mix it up a bit) to pages 1254 and 1255(in my bible) which is in Jeremiah. Jeremiah 14[2nd half of]verse 17 at the top of the page to Jeremiah 15:15 on the bottom of the second page.

What I learned first off was that my bible contains many big words..secondly the Lord is not to be messed with. He can get pretty angry!!! Not sure what I was "supposed" to learn from it but what I can take out of it is that I have a very angry warrior on my side and he doesn't appreciate it when things don't go his way (in a matter of speaking). And that no matter how hard the devil tries to destory my life and the lives of my famnily and friends that my God can take him down without even breaking a sweat. Its funny..I already feel better..I can literally feel the "don't wanna"s dissapearing. THAT is how awesome my God is!!

"Our God is an Awesome God, He reigns from Heaven above. With wisdom, power and love, Our God is and Awesome God!"


1 comment:

  1. Lovely video. I've only heard that song one other time. Great images to go with the song.

    ReplyDelete