Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pinterest Cooking

Okay so as we all know by now (and by self proclamation) I am a pinterest addict, I mostly do crafts and diy decorations but I do have a whole board on food...now I am also not a cook in the very least, I hate it, I hate making a mess and I hate cleaning it up. I am trying to start using the crock pot more because its supposed to be super easy and a good penny saving meal thingy lol  So I came upon this pin today (Crockpot Chicken Tacos) and thought hmm..3 ingredients, hey I've got those..that is what we shall have for dinner tonight :) Only things I would change is to add some more something..lol (told you I wasn't a cook) I was thinking some spice like hot sauce or something but my friend tried teh same thing, and thought the same thing, and tried the hot sauce and she said it didn't help...she suggested onions and peppers..who knows, but all in all it was really yummy. Hubby and the kiddos liked it and ate it so that is all that matters! :) Now she also made tacos and I didn't have any tortillas so I decided to make Nachos. (I will share with you have I make mine for a quick an easy yet yummy nacho from the microwave later on in the blog)

So anyways I did what the recipe says except I used two packages of chicken breasts from Costco. They are 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts but like really big, I usually cut them in half, if not more when I cook them. So she wanted us to use 6 but I didn't want to make that much. I still used the 16oz of salsa and the one package of taco seasoning and it worked fine. I wanted to cook mine on low so it would be ready for when hubby came home. She suggests 6-8 hours on low, I set my timer for 7 hours and my friend had me check on it (to see how if it was ready) and it turns out it was and the timer still had 53 min on it. I was actually really surprised in how it literally shred apart as I stirred it with a fork, some pieces I had to really try but not much..(oh I also forgot to mention my chicken breasts were all still a tiny bit frozen, I defrosted them before hand but not entirely) This is it after it was done and I finished mixing it all up:
 This is my nachos before cooking. My secret to making them is adding a tiny bit of cheese to the bottom of the bowl, add a small handful of chips and then add some of the meat (in this case the chicken) and then add another little bit of cheese, then repeat, another small handful of chips, some meat and more cheese on top.
  Put it in the microwave for 2 min and then tada..
 Crunchy chips with yummy chicken and cheesy goodness! Add sour cream and YUMM! Dinner at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment