Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bestest best best best way to display your kid's art

 (our display as of today..Kam's pics are on the bottom and and my "art loving" Liam's are on top, and no he didn't do the family one, that one is mine don't judge me lol I was bored when they were painting one day)

Okay let me start off by saying the minute I saw this I fell in love and a day later was gathering the supplies!!!

Here is the inspiration pin: Kids art display

Basically I just followed the directions she has. I didn't want to paint my wood though, I liked it wood color lol

Our measurements differ from hers though because I got longer wood to fill up all of the wall in the playroom but same amount of clips. I got the clothes pins from Dollar tree and the wood at Lowes, and the wooden shapes from Michaels..(man I wish they paid me or gave me free stuff for dropping their names ha ha ha)

Anyways here are a bunch of pics that I took while my super awesome hubby made it (I did the hot gluing, the clothes pins to the boards and the shapes to the clothes pins)!!

(So I was so into watching him put it all together I totally forgot to take pictures of the first display so there is a pic of just that one and then the rest are of the second display being put together..sorry lol)

 First display done with a couple of the boy's drawings.
 Jason drilling the holes.
 Screwing it all to the wall
 Measuring and marking where all the clips will go (notice the x in one of the pictures below, love him)
 Laid out the order I want the shapes to go (sorry for the sideways pic)
 Hot gluing my lines for the clothes pins (see the awesome x hubby made for me)
 Clothes pins on
 Shapes added
Closer picture of the shapes on the clips

I did try to "hide" the clothes pins on some of them by putting the largest and longest parts of some of the shapes on them but I like seeing some of them too..I'm really into the whole "homemade" look and I like things to look "made" instead of "perfect" {ooo quotation mark overload """"""""""" lol}

Anyways I absolutely adore it and want more!! lol I did make sure we hung it high enough so the boys couldn't pull on the pages because I know they would be all over the floor if they could reach now. Maybe when we move to our new house I will add more displays as they will be older and hopefully less destructive lol 


No comments:

Post a Comment