Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Men are from Mars and women are from Venus...BS!!!!

I've been thinking about this for a few days now..I have been reading again (dramatic pause, okay everyone compose yourself)..as I was saying, I have been reading again and I picked up the book "Love and Respect". My mother gave me the set a few years ago and I think its the best thing she has ever given me. It is written by a man and his wife and they figured out what the true differences between a man and a woman really are. What they say (and I'm switching to 'Him' because he is the main writer)...what he says it that Men desire respect and Women desire Love. It really is true..I can't explain to you the difference I see in Jason when I just flat out tell him I respect him rather than just saying I love him. Of course I respect my husband but reading this book has shown me that I don't' always show Jason. Like the way some women feel, that they aren't loved by their husbands when in actuality their husbands love them more than anything. the real problem is in how we all communicate and convey those feelings. Also men don't crave the same things a woman does.   

Women actually want to hear the word 'LOVE"..it makes us feel loved, secure, safe..It makes us feel cared for and desired.. Men when they hear the word love they just hear it as a word..when they hear "RESPECT" it makes them feel like they are succeeding as a husband and father and they are taking care of their family properly. Like they are succeeding at being a man. Now if you are reading this and are thinking "No..not me.." and so on and so forth than I'm sorry but this is for the majority..and has shown to be true in my life.

Now I know I don't always show my husband how much I respect him but I'm working on it..I am really working on being comfortable saying "I respect you". I really can't divulge any other "secrets" on what I am going to do to show my hubby how much I respect and appreciate him because he reads this ;) but as soon as I do them I will post some comments on what I did.

**update, I was going through my blog and saw I never posted this so I am now, I am still a huge fan of the series and believe everything in it and totally recommend it :) **

No comments:

Post a Comment