Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Button help!!! (no not "therapy" help, although I prob need that too)

So as most of you know I have finally understood what pinterest is good for!! lol You know, it takes the place of "old school" book marking!! :) Woot, so now when your computer crashes (like mine does) and you have to reload everything but oh wait, all those website you had bookmarked on your browser are now lost in la la land...NO MORE!!! Thanks to the geniusness of pinterest you can now "bookmark" everything on there and hopefully you won't lose it lol So I spent some time and Pinned some of my bookmarks..(still have so much more to do but hey..all in moderation..)

What was I saying?? lol Oh yeah, Pinterest = awesomeness!!!

okay okay {Stay on track Melissa}

Okie dokie so I did this fun pinterest idea where you make a monogram with buttons I LOVE BUTTONS (woo feel so much better now that I've gotten that off my chest! lol So I am trying to decorate the boys' playroom and wanted to do ABC. So I did, I used one of the semi large canvas' I bought on sale and did ABC. (insert question part) There is excess space on the edges

(see...)
Okay so I highly doubt you all want a long drawn out explanation on what I did especially because well I am going to link a board of mine on pinterest where there are plenty of these little "monogram" projects, I just adjusted it for what I wanted. BUT I am going to post a little instruction and some pictures I took during..

First off everyone knows I am not patient so instead of opting for mod podge or whatever glue adhesives others use and I went with hot glue. Yes it is stringy but effective and quick (you know since I have all the time in the world to let glue dry..HA)

Okie dokie so I went into my PSP and found a simple chunky font and printed it out to fit a piece of paper (you would do whatever size you want depending on your canvas. [FYI font I used is 'Angsana New' size 1200 stretched] I just printed it on regular printer paper (not cardstock which would be a smarter decision) but anywho, cut that out and then put it up to the canvas and traced with a pencil. Then I proceeded to fill it with buttons lol

I would do big buttons first:





then you start filling in the holes and stacking on other buttons :)




(yes I know there aren't any pictures of A, don't ask me why, I don't know...lol) Basically that is it, now I just need to know what to do to fill in the gaps, I was thinking maybe white and whiteish buttons, but I think that might make it a little more sophisticated than I want for the play room. Maybe some sort of shape made with buttons but all I can think of are "girlie" like hearts and flowers lol alright GO....please comment here with any ideas you have. Any and all are much appreciated!! :)

**woops forgot to add the link to my button board on pinterest..now bare with me, I just started it yesterday so it doesn't have much, but it will soon...oh boy will it!!! lol  Buttons, Buttons, who's got a button?? **

No comments:

Post a Comment